Whether it’s new generators or large generators for sale, there are 5 things you need to ask

Whether it’s new generators or large generators for sale, there are 5 things you need to ask


Trying to find the best in new generators for sale can be overwhelming.

There are many factors to consider.

It’s important to remember that buying any of the new generators for sale means a significant outlay. It should be obvious that the investment is greater when it comes to large generators for sale.

5 Key Things to look for in New Generators for sale

Before diving into a purchase decision, the main points to consider include;

  • What will the generator will be used for?
  • What is the reliability of the brand?
  • Which model is the most suitable?
  • What are the short and long-term advantages?
  • What are the maintenance requirements?

It’s a good idea to look at these factors and weigh up which are the most important to you.

By looking at the bigger picture, you can see how your choice of generator will affect you in both the short and long term.

Your Generator Needs

Working out what size of generator you will need is more than a matter of doing a simple generator sizing.

If you choose an undersized generator, you are going to compromise the output of your workplace. If your new generator is oversized, you are wasting money and valuable work space.

The first step it to calculate the load size by itemising everything that you need to power. Adding all this together will give you the total wattage needed and determine the minimum electrical input you need from your generator.

It’s important to know that some equipment has different wattage for starting and for running. It takes more energy to start equipment than to simply keep it running. Any initial surge in wattage must be factored in to the equation.

There’s no point having a generator that can look after your running power needs but isn’t enough to start the load.

Finding the right size

Another aspect to consider when you are looking at large generators for sale is whether you need it as the primary source of power or as a standby measure.

No generator (no matter the size) should be operated at its maximum capacity for more than 30 minutes. Choose a generator that can look after 80% capacity as your main power supply whilst leaving a 20% margin for safety for your future needs.

The last thing you need is to have to buy a new generator because you only calculated for today’s needs without much thought for tomorrow.

A Trusted Name

Choosing a trusted brand of generator can save you the headaches and hassles of unnecessary downtime, costly repairs and high maintenance issues.

For example, you can’t go past Kohler for the highest quality generators. The range includes models from 5.5 kVA right up to 300 kVA.

Finding the right generator is one thing, having the top team in generator installation and supply is another. That’s where East Coast Generators is the name to remember.

The East Coast Generators Difference

You’ll get the ultimate in professional advice regarding the short and long-term advantages of which generator will work best for you. Knowing the full outlay including any servicing and maintenance costs beforehand is just another benefit of going with the experts at ECG.

Call our friendly team on (03) 9369 8800 or email [email protected]..

If you have any questions about the best generator sales Melbourne has on offer, just contact us HERE